Here are two Williamisms from several years ago that I've been meaning to write down:
I
There's a "well" behind the backseat of our van where we carry such things as the stroller. Not long after we got our van we discovered that the stroller had a tendency to fly around back there. So eventually we got a small bag of bungie cords, used one to stabilize the stroller, and put the rest on a shelf in the garage. It must have been a year that went by with those little bungie cords sitting there on the shelf. One day we were pulling into the garage, and William said, wistfully, "Mom, when are we ever going to go bungie jumping?"
II
When William was about five, he and I were in the restrooms at Costco. Also in the restroom was another gentlemen waiting outside a stall for his son. I was waiting for my son to wash his hands. After a while, the other gentlemen said "Hurry up, Bill!" Without looking over, William said sternly, "Don't call me Bill."
No comments:
Post a Comment