Monday, June 22, 2009

Leah's first Sunday as Primary President

This was Leah’s first Sunday as Primary President. Her counselors and secretary are all young, but impressively capable. She was missing a teacher so I helped out. I was just supposed to sit with the kids during sharing time. William and I sat together by ourselves on the back row, and there was a row of girls in front of us. William wanted very much to contribute to the discussion, but Leah’s first counselor, Marjorie, was calling on a young girl in front of us. William wasn’t sure if she was calling on the girl or on him, because the girl wasn’t answering. Finally, Marjorie said, “Okay, how about the cutie next to you.” William answered, “My Dad?!”
Later, Marjorie had the kids make Father’s Day cards, so I had to look away. He gave it to me after the class. It read, “Dear Dad: What I especially like about you is if I go to jail you can get me out. Love, William.”
Mitchell’s regular teacher was out of town, but he said he had gotten a substitute. He’s a very reliable guy so Leah’s sure he got one, but he just didn’t show up. So, I sat in on Mitchell’s class for a while as Brother Corasco prepared a lesson on the fly.
Leah was saying when we got home that it went pretty smooth, all in all, except for the teacher that didn’t show up. “Brother Rushton said he had gotten a substitute.” Oh! That was me!! He talked to me last week, and said he would send me an e-mail to remind me. So, I just put it out of my mind expecting to get an e-mail.
So anyway, I thought Leah did a great job on her first day.

2 comments:

me said...

Congrats on your new calling!

Acton Family Member said...

Does this mean that you will have even less time to blog!!?
GPA